Whether you want to claim a severance or you want your employer to reconsider your termination, you have to consult a law firm that has lawyers with expertise in employment law. Once you are fired off your services you cannot claim anything from your employer unless you follow the proper means. To claim proper compensation or to claim justice, you need to employ an expert from an employment law firm.

The expert hiredyou will guide you through the whole process of reclaiming justice. He will make you understand the entire process and what you can claim in compensation. Moreover, the expert you hire should also have proper knowledge of the employment law prevalent in the particular province. Though employment law is almost same in every province and more or less similar law code governs the companies that fall under the jurisdiction of a province; even then there are certain differences.

The highlighting factor is that the common law that governs the employment law in Canada is based on ‘Federal Labor’ standards. These standards make the baseline of employment law throughout the country. If there is any confusion about the provincial regulations to be followed then the federal standards are to be followed. These standards are the basics and it is like the main law related to employment and thus neither an employer nor an employee can show disregard to these laws and hence are bound to abidethem.

When you face a situation where you have lost the job and there is no valid reason or cause behind it, you are supposed to file a suit against the employer asking for the damages. However, these laws are not only to safeguard the rights of the employee, but it also safeguards the rights of the employer. Thus when an employer finds unlawful activities conductedan employee or there is a breach of the terms and conditions that were laid down and agreed upon as part of the contract terms of employment then he can exercise his power vestedthe federal labor standards and can terminate your services. The employer can also take the issue with an expert from BC law society and can move the court of law against the employee.